- 5 pounds DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links
- 4 cups Marinara Sauce
- 3 cups green peppers, cut in strips
- 5 cups Spanish onion, cut in strips
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place frozen sausage links in a 17 x 12 inch baking pan.
- Bake links, uncovered, for 30 minutes; turn and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until internal temperature is a minimum of 160°F.
- In a large skillet, sauté peppers and onions in oil.
- In a sauce pan, bring the marinara sauce to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In an 11 x 9 x 2-1/2 inch aluminum pan, single layer half of the sausage and ladle 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce over top of sausage.
- Spread 4 cups of onions and peppers over sauce.
- Repeat. Ladle remaining 1 cup of marinara sauce down the middle of the top layer.
- Each sausage link can be sliced in half, thirds or fourths.
- Instead of ladling marinara sauce on the sausage, the sauce can be served as a side.
Share this Recipe