- 1 pound DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links or Patties
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups Bisquick® baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Remove casing from sausage links.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink, breaking up sausage with a wooden spoon into small pieces. Add onion and garlic and sauté. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine meat mixture with cheddar cheese, Bisquick® and water. Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet pan, about 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Pineapple Sauce Ingredients 2 cups imitation maple syrup 1 (15 oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- Instructions In a sauce pan, add maple syrup and bring to a boil.
- Add the crushed pineapple and simmer until heated through.
- Serve warm with the sausage balls.
- Can be served with cocktail sauce or hot mustard sauce.
Share this Recipe