- 24 DiRusso's® 1 oz. Italian Style Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 1 pound cut green beans
- 1 can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- In a six quart pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and red bell pepper and cook until soft. Add the mushrooms and garlic and lightly sauté. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover the pot and cook until the vegetables are tender and the meatballs are heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Can be served with Parmesan cheese.
Share this Recipe