- 1 1/2 pounds DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links
- 1 1/2 pounds DiRusso's® 1oz. Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cut sausage links in halves.
- In a large sauce pan, heat oil. Add sausage links and brown on all sides. Remove sausage and reserve.
- Add garlic and onion to sauce pan and sauté.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, water and seasonings. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes. Add sausage and meatballs. Cook over low heat for approximately 1 hour.
- Makes enough sauce for 1½ pounds of spaghetti.
Share this Recipe