- 2 pounds bone-in chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 quarts cold water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 parsley springs, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups DiRusso's® Mini Meatballs
- 1 cup Rosemarino or pastina macaroni, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a soup pot, add oil and brown the chuck roast on both sides, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the water. Cover the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for about an 1-1/2 hours, skimming off foam and grease. Remove the meat and cut into bite size pieces.
- Add the onions, celery, carrots, tomatoes, garlic, parsley to the pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions. Add the macaroni, mini meatballs and beef to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, sprinkle cheese on top.
Share this Recipe