- 1 1/2 pounds DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links or Patties
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 4 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup Romano cheese, grated
- 20 cups day-old bread, cut into small cubes
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chicken broth
- Remove casings from sausage. In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat, crumbling with a wooden spoon. Cook the sausage until browned and cooked through. Transfer sausage to a large bowl.
- In the same skillet, add oil, onions and celery and sauté until tender.
- Add to the sausage, along with parsley, thyme, marjoram, ground sage, salt, pepper, Romano cheese and cubed bread.
- Stir in the eggs and enough broth to evenly moisten the mixture.
- Fill the cavity and neck of the turkey just before baking.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of poultry seasoning can be used in place of thyme, marjoram and ground sage.
- The stuffing can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight, but keep the dry ingredients separate from the moist ingredients. Combine the eggs and the broth with the other ingredients just before stuffing turkey.
Share this Recipe