- 1/2 pound DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links or Patties
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Few sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium ripe tomato, chopped
- 6-8 extra large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or water
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove casings from sausage links.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch frying pan. Add the sausage and cook over medium heat crumbling sausage with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onions, mushrooms and butter and cook until onions are soft. Add the basil, parsley and tomato. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Beat the milk into the eggs, stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper. Add the remaining oil to the frying pan. Pour eggs over the sausage and vegetables and stir with a fork to distribute.
- Cook over low heat until the bottom is golden brown and well set, lifting the edges with a fork to allow the uncooked egg on top to trickle into the pan.
- Put a plate slightly larger than the frying pan over the omelet. Hold the plate down with one hand.
- With the other hand, hold the frying pan handle and turn the frying pan and plate upside down, so that the omelet is cooked side up on the plate.
- Slide it, uncooked side down, back into the frying pan and cook until golden brown and set. Then slide it onto a serving plate, cut into wedges, and serve hot or cold as a first or main course.
Share this Recipe