- 1 pound DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links or Patties
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 quarts chicken or beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or dried basil
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 (19 oz) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- Remove casing from sausage links.
- Heat oil in a soup pot. Add sausage, stirring and breaking with a wooden spoon to crumble sausage into small pieces.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté. Stir in broth, tomatoes, red wine, carrots, celery, basil and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 30 minutes. Add zucchini and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Add to soup pot; simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with grated cheese.
Share this Recipe