- 2 pounds (8 links) DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links
- 1 jar (24 ounce) pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Spanish onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 Italian hard rolls (6 inch), split halfway lengthwise
- 1/4 pound Mozarella or Provolone cheese, shredded (optional)
- Directions are for frozen links. Cooking times are approximate.
- GRILL: Grill links over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, turning often.SKILLET: Lightly oil skillet. Cook links, partially covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, turning often. BAKE: Preheat oven to 350°F. Place links on baking sheet. Bake links uncovered, for 30 minutes, turn and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Cook links until temperature is a minimum of 160°F and the center is no longer pink.
- In a large skillet, sauté peppers and onions in oil. In a sauce pan, heat sauce.
- Place cooked sausage link in a roll. Scoop peppers and onions on top of the sausage and ladle sauce down the middle of the bun.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the sauce.
- DiRusso's® Turkey Italian Sausage Links can be substituted for the pork links.
Share this Recipe