- 1 pound DiRusso's® 1 oz. Italian Style Mini Meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole tomatoes, crushed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup uncooked ditalini pasta or broken spaghetti
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen leaf spinach
- In a soup pot over medium heat, add oil, celery, carrot and onion. Cook until veggies are soft. Add the garlic and sauté.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, Italian seasoning, basil, mini meatballs, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add the pasta, Romano cheese and spinach to the pot, and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with additional Romano cheese.
Share this Recipe