- 1 pound DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups homemade chicken broth
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 pound red potatoes, diced
- 3 cups spinach or swiss chard
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Remove casings from sausage links. In a large stockpot over medium heat, add sausage, crumble and cook until no longer pink and lightly browned.
- Add garlic, onion, oregano and basil and saute about 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until done.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Share this Recipe