- 4 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 6 links DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 2 pounds zucchini (3-4), cut lengthwise, then sliced across into 1/4-inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Half and Half cream or canned milk
- 1 teaspoon dry basil or 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 pound linguine
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 sprigs parsley, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan. Add sausage and cook until no longer pink inside. Remove and slice links into 1/2 inch pieces. Reserve.
- To the juices in the frying pan, add garlic, onion, celery and carrot, and cook over medium heat, stirring, until vegetables are beginning to soften. Stir in the vermouth and cook until it evaporates. Transfer vegetables to a bowl with the sausage.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil to the frying pan. Add zucchini pieces and cook, partially covered, turning occasionally, until they are barely tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the sausage and vegetables to the frying pan with the zucchini. Stir in cream, tarragon and basil and mix. Simmer without a cover over very low heat until heated through.
- Cook the linguine according to package directions until al dente. Drain and turn into a deep serving dish. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- DiRusso's® Turkey Italian Sausage Links can be substituted in place of the pork links.
Share this Recipe