- 1/2 pound DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links or Patties
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 cups beef bouillon or water
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cream (optional)
- Remove sausage link casings.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan. Add sausage and onion. Cook over medium heat, crumbling sausage with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the wine and bring to a boil. Stir in rice and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until rice is opaque.
- Stir in bouillon or water and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste; stir in the sage.
- Simmer covered over low heat for about 15 minutes or until rice is tender but still firm. Stir frequently. If necessary, add a little more water.
- This dish should be moist and a little soupy. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the cream and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with plenty of Parmesan cheese.
Share this Recipe