- 1 whole frying chicken (approximately 4 pounds)
- 6-8 quarts cold water or enough to cover chicken
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 3/4 cup carrots, minced
- 4 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds fresh escarole, cooked and chopped
- 5 cups DiRusso's® Mini Meatballs
- 4 cups cooked Acini de Pepe macaroni or tiny macaroni
- grated Romano cheese
- Can substitute 2 boxes (10 ounce) chopped spinach for escarole.
- Use extra chicken meat for salads, sandwiches, etc.
- Click here for: DiRusso's Mini-Meatballs
Share this Recipe