- 1/2 pound DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links or Patties
- 1 (6-inch long) spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1/3 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Halve the squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down on baking pan with 1/2-inch of water. Bake for 55 minutes or until tender.
- In frying pan, sauté onion, pepper, celery and garlic in oil. Remove and reserve. Remove casings from sausage links. Add sausage to pan and cook over medium heat, crumbling with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, rice, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, and sautéed vegetables. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- When squash is ready, using a fork, pull out the flesh of the squash (it will form spaghetti-like strands). Mix with pan mixture and stuff squash with filling.
- Sprinkle tops with cheese and bake until cheese melts.
Share this Recipe