- 2 pounds DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large sweet or red onions, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch chunks
- vegetable oil
- wooden skewers (11")
- Pre-soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Alternately thread sausage and vegetable pieces onto skewers, leaving a small space between each item, as follows: sausage, red pepper, onion, green pepper. Sprinkle skewers on both sides with vegetable oil.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Cook kabobs, turning several times, until vegetables are tender and sausages are no longer pink in the center, approximately 25 minutes. Serve kabobs with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
- The kabobs can be prepared a day before serving, wrapped and refrigerated overnight.
- Sausage is easier to cut into pieces if frozen.
- For smaller size kabobs, cut wooden skewers in half.
Share this Recipe