- 1 pound DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 5 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Fontinella® cheese
- Preheat oven 350°F. Lightly butter a 3-1/2 quart baking dish.
- Remove casings from sausage. In a skillet, over medium heat, add sausage, crumble and cook until no longer pink and lightly browned. Add onion and sauté until softened.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Cook and stir until thickened. Add cheeses and stir until melted. Mix in sausage and onions.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Stir into sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Tomato wedges can be pressed partially into top of mixture before baking.
- 1/4 cup each of fresh basil leaves and fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, can be added to the cream sauce for additional Italian flavor.
Share this Recipe