- 1/2 pound DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links or Patties
- 1 pound large fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (3 ounce) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven 350°F. Clean mushrooms with damp paper towel. Remove the stems and chop finely. Brush mushroom caps with oil.
- Remove casing from sausage links. In a skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat, crumbling with a wooden spoon. Cook the sausage until the center is no longer pink.
- Add the oil, onion, green pepper, mushroom stems, salt and pepper. Cook until tender. Turn off the heat and stir the cream cheese into the mixture.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the sausage mixture. Arrange the mushrooms in a baking dish in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the stuffed mushroom caps.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are brown.
- Sprinkle on parsley.
Share this Recipe