- 1 whole frying chicken (approximately 4 pounds)
- 6-8 quarts cold water or enough to cover chicken
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 3/4 cup carrots, minced
- 4 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds fresh escarole, cooked and chopped
- 5 cups DiRusso's® Mini Meatballs
- 4 cups cooked Acini de Pepe macaroni or tiny macaroni
- grated Romano cheese
- In a large soup pot, bring water to boil.
- Add chicken, bring water to a boil again and cook with lid tilted for about 1-1/2 hours. Skim with metal spoon. Remove chicken and reserve.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add mini meatballs, escarole, macaroni and approximately 4 cups of chicken (deboned and cut into 1 inch pieces). Stir and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with Romano cheese.
- Can substitute 2 boxes (10 ounce) chopped spinach for escarole.
- Use extra chicken meat for salads, sandwiches, etc.
- Click here for: DiRusso's Mini-Meatballs
Share this Recipe