- 1 pound DiRusso's® Italian Sausage Links or Patties
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 5 slices bacon
- 2 cans (28 ounce) baked beans
- 1 can (15 ounce) dark red kidney, drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) pinto beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounce) butter beans, drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider or white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut bacon into small pieces. In a 12-inch skillet, cook bacon until browned. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Add onions to skillet, and saute until soft. Remove and reserve.
- Remove casing from sausage links and in the same skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink, breaking into small crumbles with a wooden spoon.
- In a 3-quart casserole dish, mix together the sausage, bacon, onions, beans and remaining ingredients.
- Cover casserole dish and bake at 350ºF for approximately 1 hour, uncover the dish the last 15 minutes.
- Cook in a crock pot on HIGH setting for 1 hour. Reduce the heat to LOW and cook 3 to 4 hours longer or until heated through.
- Add a minced jalapeno pepper for heat.
- Use 1 pound of sausage links, cut in 1-inch pieces.
Share this Recipe